Cheryl B. Shiffler, Director
8:00 - 5:00
Monday - Friday
107 North Kent Street, 3rd Floor
Winchester, VA 22601
Phone: (540) 665-5610
Fax: (540) 667-0370
The Finance Department is responsible for maintaining Frederick County's general accounting system and financial records. Finance also processes payroll and administers fringe benefit programs; processes accounts payable; administers the purchasing card program; coordinates and assists in an annual audit as well as prepares and distributes the annual financial report; administers risk management program; advertises, receives and tabulates bids on all contracts for goods, services, and construction for Frederick County government; and provides assistance and timely responses to Board and County Administrator requests for special policy and financial analysis. Finance coordinates and prepares the printed County budget which involves monitoring departmental expenditures and revenues to assure budgetary compliance in addition to coordinating all department budget adjustment requests and reconciling additional appropriation to the current budget.
- Maintain complete and accurate accounting records.
- Administer and control the operating and annual fiscal plans for the County.
- Continue participation in GFOA budget, CAFR, and PAFR award programs.
- Continue educating County departments regarding purchasing procedures, procurement requirements, and County policies.
- Continue working with the internal auditors to strengthen internal controls.
- Meet all payroll deadlines and continue filing all payroll returns on a timely basis.
Was this page helpful?