Is it recyclable?
Before throwing your trash away, check the Recycling page to see if Frederick County offers a recycling program for it.
- Citizens' Convenience Centers
- New and Part-Time Residents
- Curbside Collection
- Tipping Fees
The Frederick County Public Works Department operates a state-of-the-art Subtitle D sanitary landfill. Find the landfill on a map with the Government Services application. Some types of waste are only accepted at certain times, at certain locations, or under certain conditions. Check the Household Hazardous Waste page for more information.
- Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Saturdays: 7 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Sundays: closed
- January 2, 2017 (New Year's Day): closed
- January 13, 2017 (Lee/Jackson Day): open
- January 16, 2017 (Martin Luther King Jr. Day): close at noon
- February 20, 2017 (Presidents Day): close at noon
- May 5, 2017 (Apple Blossom Friday): close at noon
- May 29, 2017 (Memorial Day): closed
- July 3, 2017 (Independence Day): close at noon
- July 4, 2017 (Independence Day): closed
- September 4, 2017 (Labor Day): closed
- October 9, 2017 (Columbus Day): close at noon
- November 10, 2017 (Veteran's Day): close at noon
- November 22, 2017 (Thanksgiving): close at noon
- November 23, 2017 (Thanksgiving): closed
- November 24, 2017 (Thanksgiving): close at noon
- December 22, 2017 (Christmas): open
- December 23, 2017 (Christmas): open
- December 25, 2017 (Christmas Day): closed
- December 26, 2017 (Christmas): open
2017 Closing Schedule
All Citizens' Convenience Centers have different hours from the Landfill. See the Citizens' Convenience Centers page.
The Landfill also features a Citizens' Convenience Center for waste disposal and recycling. See the Citizens' Convenience Centers page for hours, directions, and information.
New to Frederick County? Does your vehicle bear out-of-area tags and decals? You may need a permission letter to gain access to our citizens' convenience sites. You may request the letter here.
Several private firms offer curbside pick-up for a nominal fee. Find them on the List of Haulers.
Submit form at the Treasurer's Office at 107 N Kent St, Winchester, VA, or by U.S. Mail to:
Frederick County VA Treasurer's Office
PO Box 225
Winchester, VA 22604
Businesses may establish an account prior to utilizing the landfill or pay at the window. A credit check may apply. Only waste which originates from Frederick and Clarke counties and the City of Winchester is accepted at the regional landfill.
All landfill users and commercial haulers may pay at the time of disposal via MasterCard or Visa, check card or check. Infrequent users of the facility are encouraged to take advantage of these payment options, thus eliminating the need for monthly invoicing. Cash is also accepted. Citizens hauling 1,000 pounds or more of debris to the landfill in a single load will be charged for the entire load at the time of disposal. The municipal tipping rate of $18 per ton shall apply, effective July 1, 2016.
|Factory||$47 / ton|
|Commercial||$47 / ton|
|Petroleum contaminated soil||$47 / ton|
| Commercial brush
||$47 / ton|
| Construction debris
||$42 / ton|
|Concrete||$12 / ton|
|Tires (25 and under)|
Car tire (16.5" and under)
Car tire on rim
Truck tire (17.5" and over)
Truck tire on rim
Tractor trailer tires
|Tires (over 25)||$80 / ton|