Students who are affiliated with a college or local EMS program that need to precept may complete their clinical requirements at one of the staffed EMS agencies within Frederick County.
In order to precept, the student must:
- Complete a "ride-along" form for all agencies of Frederick County
- Provide photo identification and any class documentation for clinical requirements
- Schedule date(s) for clinical ride-along(s) with the Training Division Secretary
- Abide by all rules and regulations of the ride-along agency
- Wear appropriate clothing or class uniform during ride-along
During the precepting, the student shall work under the direction of the preceptor. Students are not permitted to function as an attendant in charge during clinical precept.