This seven (7) month program provides classroom and practical training for students to become certified as Virginia and National Registry Emergency Medical Technicians. Our accredited program is taught by highly trained providers who have a wealth of knowledge and experience in EMS.
During the course, students will receive additional training in:
- VDFP Hazardous Materials First Responder - Awareness level
- VDFP Vehicle Rescue - Awareness and Operations level
- Pediatric Education for Pre-hospital Providers (Basic Course)
- Geriatric Emergencies for Emergency Medical Services (Basic Course)
- VOEMS Mass Casualty Incident Management Level I and II Courses
Currently certified EMS providers are encouraged to attend classes for continuing education (CE) hours. For information about class topics, please use this link to view the current academy schedule.