Frederick County provides information to citizens in a number of ways. The Public Information Office serves as a clearinghouse for all official communications and facilitates access to information and government services.
Specifically, staff in this office:
- Oversee content for and assist with maintenance of Frederick County's Web site
- Maintain the government cable channel
- Administer and maintain the County's social media sites
- Serve as Freedom of Information Officer; see the FOIA policy here
- Provide media and communications support to the Emergency Operations Center, activated by the County during local emergencies
- Write press releases, articles for publications, and other communications
- Write and produce news bulletins for employees and the Board of Supervisors
- Assist the Board with special requests
- Write and submit award applications for County programs
- Assist with the design of Frederick County publications
The Public Information Office plays a role in internal communications by working with various committees to publicize County programs, events, policy changes, and new initiatives in order to keep employees better informed and thus better equipped to provide high quality customer service.
Public Information Resources
You can find out more about the Frederick County Government through these resources:
Government Cable Channel
Frederick County Government information is broadcast 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on Comcast Channel 16. Each Board of Supervisors meeting is broadcast live beginning at 7 p.m. on the first and third Tuesday of each month unless the meeting is canceled. The meeting is rebroadcast at various times during the following week(s). The Planning Commission meetings are also broadcast live the first and third Wednesdays of each month beginning at 7 p.m. and are also rebroadcast. The schedule for the cable channel may be found at: www.fcva.us/cable16
All press releases written by the Public Information Office are posted on the official Frederick County Government Web site.