- Business Division
- Compliance Division
- Income Tax Division
- Personal Property Division
- Real Estate Division
A Note From The Commissioner:
Welcome to your Commissioner of the Revenue's website!
As you know, the Commissioner of the Revenue is elected by the voters of Frederick County to a four-year term. My current term is from January 1, 2016 until December 31, 2019. I am an active member of The Commissioner's of the Revenue Association of Virginia, the International and Virginia Associations of Assessing Officers, and other professional groups. It continues to be my honor to proudly serve as your Commissioner of the Revenue and to contribute to the growth and success of our County.
It is the goal of my office to provide the highest quality of customer service to all citizens of Frederick County. We strive to be courteous, efficient, timely, and diligent in performing duties in the following areas:
- Assessing all new construction and changes to improvements on real estate
- Conducting the general real estate reassessment efforts
- Administering tax relief for the elderly on real estate
- Administering the agricultural, horticultural, or forest land use assessments
- Assessing all personal property, including machinery and equipment, of individuals and businesses
- Assessing all businesses sited in the County for business license
- Administering all food and beverage, transient occupancy, and short-term rental business taxes
- Assisting with state income taxes and state income tax estimated payments
- Assisting with County revenue projections
- Serving as non-voting member of Finance Committee
We have made every effort to provide easier access to vital information for taxpayers via the Commissioner of the Revenue's website. Information and forms are now available 24 hours/day, 7 days/week. Please let us know if you have any questions or if you have thoughts on ways that we can improve our efforts. We are here to serve you!